The Sims 4 has more cheats than you could ever know what to do with, and there are still new expansions and things being added to make the wait for when The Sims 5 arrives that little bit easier.
While it is true that cheaters never prosper (achievements/trophies are turned off if you use cheats in the game), it is fun to bend the rules from time to time, and you can do that on The Sims 4 thanks to a whole load of cheats.
There are a ton of cheats that you can use for The Sims 4 and you could lose a heck of a lot of time trying each of them out. But what cheats are there, and how do you use them on each console/platform?
And as mentioned, lots of things have been added to the game with the most recent being the High School Years expansion. Read on, or use the links below, to check out The Sims 4 cheats.
How to enable the Sims 4 cheats
To use The Sims 4 cheat codes, you first need to enable cheats in the game itself. Be warned, though: enabling cheats will mean that achievements or trophies are turned off in this particular save.
On PC, bring up the cheat menu by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C. Once there, enter testingCheats true and cheats will become enabled in this particular save.
On Xbox One, Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S, you can access the cheat menu by pressing and holding LT + RT + LB + RB for a couple of seconds. This will bring up the cheat menu, in which you need to type testingCheats true to enable cheats in this save.
On PS4 and PS5, you need to press and hold L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 to summon the cheat menu. When it appears, type in testingCheats true and cheats will then be enabled in this world.
How to use The Sims 4 cheat codes
Enabling cheats is one thing, but actually using Sims 4 cheats is another kettle of fish. The main way you'll actually use cheat codes is by doing this:
- Open the game and load up a world
- Bring up the cheat menu (by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C on PC, or holding down all the shoulder buttons on console)
- Enter testingCheats true and press Done, if you haven't already
- Type the relevant cheat code into the little text box in the top-left corner of the screen
- Press Done, and the cheat will take effect
The only exceptions to this system are the Interaction Cheats, which are activated in a slightly different way. You still need to be in a world with testingCheats true activated, but then you need to follow the steps below (depending on your platform of choice).
To use The Sims 4 Interaction Cheats on PS4 or PS5, with testingCheats true already activated, hover the cursor over a Sim or an object, hold down Circle and then press X to bring up the Interaction Cheats menu.
On Xbox One, Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S, once you have testingCheats true turned on, hold down B and then press A to summon the Interaction Menu.
Or on PC, after activating testingCheats true, hold shift and then click on the Sim/item in question - this will make the Interaction Cheats menu appear, and you can choose from a variety of cheats that it will list for you. All the other cheats in the game can just be typed into the cheat console as we discussed before. For the full list of what you can do, read on!
Full list of The Sims 4 cheat codes for PC, Xbox and PlayStation
While each new expansion tends to come with its own cheat codes, in this part of the article we're mainly going to focus on the main cheats in The Sims 4 base game.
Whether you want more money or skills, or simply want to potty train your virtual toddler, these cheats in The Sims 4 will help you live your best life. Check them out below!
The Sims 4 Interaction cheats
- Cheat Need > Make Happy - make all your Sim's motives full and set their mood to Happy
- Cheat Need > Enable Need Decay or Disable Need Decay - either allows you or stops your Sims from Need changes
- Reset Object - Reset the status of Sims or objects.
- Add to Family - Have a sim not in your family? Use this cheat to change that.
- Modify in CAS - allows you to alter the Sim in Create-a-Sim
- Make Dirty or Make Clean - either cleans an object or makes it dirty
- Teleport Sim - allows you to move your Sim to a place of your choosing
- Make head - will make any item your Sim's new head
The Sims 4 money cheats
- kaching - receive 1000 simoleons
- rosebud - receive 1000 simoleons
- motherlode - receive 50000 simoleons
- Money- type any number after the word money to receive that precise amount of dosh
- FreeRealEstate on or off - all the lots in this area become free
- household.autopay_bills true or false - this one enables or disables monthly bill payments
The Sims 4 Build Mode cheats
- modebb.moveobjects - lets you put items wherever you want
- bb.showhiddenobjects - reveals hidden objects and lets you buy them
- bb.enablefreebuild - lets you build wherever you want
- bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement - lets you get items that are usually locked into certain careers
The Sims 4 Live Mode cheats
- resetsim [firstname lastname] - this will reset a stuck Sim, as long as you spell the name right
- aspirations.complete_current_milestone - completes the Sim's current aspirational goal
- sims.give_satisfaction_points [#] - type any number you want, your Sim will get that many satisfaction points
- fillmotive motive_Bladder or Energy or Fun or Hunger or Hygiene or Social - fulfils the specified motive
- sims.fill_all_commodities - fulfils every motive in the household
The Sims 4 skill cheats
To max out your Sim's skill level in any of the major skills in the game, these are the convoluted codes you'll want to use:
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Logic 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_HomestyleCooking 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_GourmetCooking 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Bartending 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Charisma 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Comedy 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Fishing 10
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Fitness 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Gardening 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Guitar 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Piano 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Violin 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Handiness 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Mischief 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Painting 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Photography 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Programming 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_RocketScience 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_VideoGaming 10
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Writing 10
Or for child Sims, use these to advance their skills to the max:
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Creativity 10
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Social 10
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Mental 10
- stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Motor 10
- stats.set_skill_level_Toddler_Communication 5
- stats.set_skill_level_Toddler_Imagination 5
- stats.set_skill_level_Toddler_Movement 5
- stats.set_skill_level_Toddler_Thinking 5
- stats.set_skill_level_Toddler_Potty 3
The Sims 4 career cheats
There are four main Sims 4 Career cheats you'll want to be aware of:
- careers.promote - your Sim gets promoted
- careers.add_career - gives your Sim a new career of your choice
- careers.remove_career - removes a career of your choice from your Sim
- careers.retire - your Sims retires from your chosen career and will get a weekly pension instead
To use any of those Sims 4 Career cheats, type the bold wording above followed by the official designation for your career of choice. The list of Careers and their designated cheat code words is below, with the part you need to type in bold:
- Politician - Activist (requires The Sims 4 City Living expansion)
- Acting - Actor (requires The Sims 4 Get Famous expansion)
- Astronaut - Astronaut
- Athlete - Athletic
- Business - Business
- Criminal - Criminal
- Critic - Careers_Adult_Critic (requires The Sims 4 City Living expansion)
- Culinary - Culinary
- Detective - Detective (requires The Sims 4 Get to Work expansion)
- Doctor- Doctor (requires The Sims 4 Get to Work expansion)
- Entertainer - Entertainer
- Painter - Painter
- Scientist - Scientist (requires The Sims 4 Get to Work expansion)
- Secret Agent - SecretAgent
- Social Media - SocialMedia (requires The Sims 4 City Living expansion)
- Style Influencer - Influencer
- Tech Guru - TechGuru
- Writer - Writer
For example, you would enter careers.promote Actor into the cheats console to promote a Sim that is pursuing an acting career.
It's also worth noting that teen Sims have some different Career options, instead of the grown-up ones, with the corresponding cheat codes listed in bold below:
- Babysitter - Teen_Babysitter
- Barista - Teen_Barista
- Fast Food Employee - Teen_FastFood
- Scout - Scout (requires The Sims 4 Seasons expansion)
- Manual Laborer - Teen_Manual
- Retail Employee - Teen_Retail
Get the best of RadioTimes.com sent to your inbox. You'll never miss a thing...
Sign up to be the first to know about breaking stories and new series!
The Sims 4 romance cheats and friendship cheats
- relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others - your Sim is instantly introduced to all their neighbours
- relationships.create_friends_for_sim - a friend will automatically spawn for your Sim
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] 100 LTR_Friendship_Main - your Sim and the target Sim instantly have maximum friendship
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] 100 LTR_Romance_Main - your Sim and the target Sim now have maximum romance
With those last two, you can also put a lower number (where the 100 currently is) if you want to reduce your Sim's level of friendship or romance with another Sim.
The Sims 4 killing cheats and unkilling cheats
- death.toggle true - kill your Sim
- death.toggle false - unkill your sim
- sims.add_buff Ghostly - your Sim becomes a ghost for four in-game hours
- stats.set_stat commodity_Vampire_SunExposure -100 - kills a Vampire sim (requires The Sims 4 Vampires expansion)
The Sims 4 UI cheats
- headlineeffects on or off - controls headline effects such as speech bubbles
- hovereffects on or off - controls the hover effect when you move over a Sim
- fullscreenToggle - will make the game either full screen or windowed on PC
- fps on or off - will show or hide the current frames per second on the screen
Key art for The Sims 4 High School Years pack. EA
The Sims 4 Get to Work Cheats
There are, of course, expansions for The Sims 4 that will bring with them their own cheats – so let's break those down too!
Before you can use these, a new sim must be created and added to the neighbourhood. Use the cheats with that sim, hire them for your store and you're done! As for what the cheats are:
- stats.set_skill_level retail_workethic (number from 1 to 5) - Adjusts Work Ethic skill.
- stats.set_skill_level retail_maintenance (number from 1 to 5) - Adjusts Maintenance skill.
- stats.set_skill_level retail_sales (number from 1 to 5) - Adjusts Sales skill.
And if you own a retail store and have at least one item for sale, you can activate these perks for every active sim in your household!
- bucks.unlock_perk AdditionalWorker_1 true - adds Additional Employee #1
- bucks.unlock_perk AdditionalWorker_2 true - adds Additional Employee #2
- bucks.unlock_perk CheckoutSpeed_Large true - Faster Checkouts (large)
- bucks.unlock_perk CheckoutSpeed_Small true - Faster Checkouts (small)
- bucks.unlock_perk CustomerBrowseTime true - Curious Shopper
- bucks.unlock_perk CustomerPurchaseIntent true - Serious Shopper
- bucks.unlock_perk DescreaseRestockingCost true - Cheaper Restocking
- bucks.unlock_perk ImproveRetailSocials true - Slick Salesman
- bucks.unlock_perk InstantRestock true - Instant Restocking
- bucks.unlock_perk PedestalMimic true - Provocative Pedestal
- bucks.unlock_perk RegisterMimic true - Register of Tomorrow
- bucks.unlock_perk RestockSpeed_Large true - Faster Restocking (large)
- bucks.unlock_perk RestockSpeed_Small true - Faster Restocking (small)
- bucks.unlock_perk RetailOutfit true - Snazzy Shirt
- bucks.unlock_perk SignageMimic true - Stunning Sign
- bucks.unlock_perk StorePlacard_1 true - Placard: My First Simoleon
- bucks.unlock_perk StorePlacard_2 true - Placard: Fobbs 500
- bucks.unlock_perk SureSaleSocial true - Sure Sale
- DecreaseRestocking_Temporary true - Superfluous Surplus
- ImprovementManagementSocials true - Mega Manager
The Sims 4 Parenthood Cheats
Replace the X in the cheats below with a value from -100 to 100 here!
- stats.set_stat lifeSkillStatistic_ConflictResolution X - Adjusts Conflict Resolution.
- stats.set_stat lifeSkillStatistic_EmotionalControl X - Adjusts Emotional Control.
- stats.set_stat lifeSkillStatistic_Empathy X - Adjusts Empathy.
- stats.set_stat lifeSkillStatistic_Manners X - Adjusts Manners.
- stats.set_stat lifeSkillStatistic_Responsibility X - Adjusts Responsibility.
The Sims 4 Island Living Cheats
Jut two here and they are:
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid - Turns Sim into a Mermaid.
- traits.remove_trait trait_OccultMermaid - Turns Sim back to normal.
The Sims 4 Dine Out Cheats
Every Sim in your household will benefit from these cheats – but you need to own a restaurant first.
- bucks.unlock_perk AdditionalChef true - Additional Chef
- bucks.unlock_perk AdditionalWaiter_1 true - Additional Waiter #1
- bucks.unlock_perk AdditionalWaiter_2 true - Additional Waiter #2
- bucks.unlock_perk CheaperIngredients_1 true - Ingredient Discount (small)
- bucks.unlock_perk CheaperIngredients_2 true - Ingredient Discount (large)
- bucks.unlock_perk ChefsHat true - adds The Chef's Hat
- bucks.unlock_perk EatFaster true - Fast Eaters
- bucks.unlock_perk ExpensiveOrders true - Well Funded Foodies
- bucks.unlock_perk IngredientCostDiscount true - Surplus Harvest
- bucks.unlock_perk IngredientQualityOptions true - Ingredient Quality Options
- bucks.unlock_perk InspirationalSpeechSocial true - Inspirational Speech
- bucks.unlock_perk LengthenImpatienceTimeout - Patient Patrons
- bucks.unlock_perk LowerChangeBadEvents_Small - Well Managed
- bucks.unlock_perk LowerEmployeeTrainingCost - Lowers the training cost
- bucks.unlock_perk MoreCustomers true - Meal Rush
- bucks.unlock_perk RecommendedDishFrequency - Curiouser Customers
- bucks.unlock_perk RecommendedDishSocial true - Curious Customers
- bucks.unlock_perk RiskFreeMarkup true - Tidy Tippers
The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Cheats
Here are all the Vet Clinic Perk Cheats cheats!
- bucks.unlock_perk AdditionalVet_1 true - Additional Vet #1
- bucks.unlock_perk AdditionalVet_2 true - Additional Vet #2
- bucks.unlock_perk Vetperks_InspirationalSpeechSocial true - Inspirational Speech
- bucks.unlock_perk Vetperks_LowerEmployeeTrainingCost true - Lower Employee Training Costs
- bucks.unlock_perk Vetperks_LengthenImpatienceTimeout true - Patient Patients
- bucks.unlock_perk ReducePetStress true - Reduce Pet Stress
- bucks.unlock_perk SupplyQuality true Unlock - Vet Supply Quality
- bucks.unlock_perk Vetperks_MoreCustomers true - Vet Rush
- bucks.unlock_perk UnlockCASItem true - The Vet Coat
- bucks.unlock_perk Vetperks_LowerChanceBadEvents_Small true - Well Managed
The Sims 4 Vampires Cheats
Yep, there are bloodsuckers in Sims 4 and here are the basics for turning into one – and then reverting back again.
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire - Turns your Sim into a vampire.
- stats.set_stat commodity_BecomingVampire 2160 - Transitions your Sim into a vampire over a number of days.
- traits.remove_trait trait_OccultVampire - Turns a vampire Sim back to normal.
And here are the cheats!
- stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 202 - Ranks up to Minor Vampire
- stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 630 - Ranks up to Prime Vampire
- stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1058 - Ranks up to Master Vampire
- stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1486 - Ranks up to Grand Master Vampire
- stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1593 - Caps the Sim's vampire rank
The Sims 4 Vampires Rank Cheats
Quite a few in this one – and look at the rank level at the end of each one, as that is where you will need to be to use them.
- bucks.unlock_perk DetectPersonality true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Detect Personality (Req rank: Fledgling)
- bucks.unlock_perk BatForm true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Bat Form (Req rank: Fledgling)
- bucks.unlock_perk Hallucinate true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Hallucination (Req rank: Fledgling)
- bucks.unlock_perk AlwaysWelcome true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Eternally Welcome (Req rank: Fledgling)
- bucks.unlock_perk PotentPower_3 true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Occult Master (Req rank: Fledgling)
- bucks.unlock_perk AlluringVisage_3 true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Vampiric Fascination (Req rank: Minor)
- bucks.unlock_perk VampiricStrength_Level3 true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Vampiric Might (Req rank: Minor)
- bucks.unlock_perk Command true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Command (Req rank: Minor)
- bucks.unlock_perk GarlicImmunity true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Garlic Immunity (Req rank: Minor)
- bucks.unlock_perk VampireCreation true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Vampire Creation (Req rank: Minor)
- bucks.unlock_perk Mesmerize true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Mesmerize (Req rank: Prime)
- bucks.unlock_perk NocturnalAffinity_Level3 true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Master of Darkness (Req rank: Prime)
- bucks.unlock_perk IrresistibleSlumber true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Irresistible Slumber (Req rank: Prime)
- bucks.unlock_perk ManipulateLifeSpirit true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Manipulate Life Spirit (Req rank: Prime)
- bucks.unlock_perk VampiricSlumber_Level3 true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Vampiric Trance (Req rank: Prime)
- bucks.unlock_perk EmotionalDampening_Level3 true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Deadened Emotions (Req rank: Master)
- bucks.unlock_perk VampireRun true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Supernatural Speed (Req rank: Master)
- bucks.unlock_perk NeedsNaughtiness true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks: Deprive Needs (Req rank: Master)
- bucks.unlock_perk ResistanceSolis_Level3 true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Perfect Sun Resistance (Req rank: Master)
- bucks.unlock_perk LoseHumanity_Hygiene true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Odorless (Req rank: Master)
- bucks.unlock_perk EmotionalBurst_3 true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Control Emotion (Req rank: Grand Master)
- bucks.unlock_perk MistForm true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Mist Form (Req rank: Grand Master)
- bucks.unlock_perk TameTheThirst true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Tamed Thirst (Req rank: Grand Master)
- bucks.unlock_perk LoseHumanity_Social true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Beyond the Herd (Req rank: Grand Master)
- bucks.unlock_perk LoseHumanity_Fun true 40961 [Sim ID] - Unlocks Power: Immortal Pleasures (Req rank: Grand Master)
Sims 4 Werewolves cheats
Key art for the Werewolves pack in The Sims 4. EA
In the recent The Sims 4 Werewolves pack, these are the cheats you can use:
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Lunar_NightMark - Get Mark of the Night Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_AspirationTraits_BetterFuryContro - Get Refined Lupine Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_AspirationTraits_BetterTurning - Get Chomp Champion Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_AspirationTraits_FormerLycan - Get Werewolf Ally Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_AspirationTraits_FriendlyWolf - Get Fanged Friend Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_AspirationTraits_MoreFear - Get Threatening Presence Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_DormantWolf - Get Dormant Wolf Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_GreaterWolfBlood - Get Greater Wolf Blood Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_InitiationBonusTrait - Get Lunar Confidant Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_AntiCapitalistCanine - Get Anti-capitalist Canine Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_BigBadWolf - Get Big Bad Wolf Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Carnivore - Get Carnivore Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_EasyExcitable - Get Easy Excitable Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_FeelsOutcasted - Get Feels Outcasted Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Frisky - Get Frisky Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_GrumpyWolf - Get Grumpy Wolf Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_HatesBeingWet - Get Hates Being Wet Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_HungryLikeTheWolf - Get Hungry Like the Wolf Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Lunar_ForestMark - Get Mark of the Forest Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Lunar_HuntMark - Get Mark of the Hunt Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Lunar_WolfMark - Get Mark of the Wolf Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_MustBeClean - Get Must Be Clean Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_NightWolf - Get Night Wolf Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Prideful - Get Prideful Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_RestlessAnimal - Get Restless Animal Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_SensitiveHearing - Get Sensitive Hearing Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_SurvivalInstincts - Get Survival Instincts Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_Territorial - Get Territorial Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_WolfBrain - Get Wolf Brain Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_OccultWerewolf_Temperaments_WrackedWithGuilt - Get Wracked With Guilt Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_WerewolfPack_FriendA - Get Friend of the Moonwood Collective Trait
- traits.equip_trait trait_WerewolfPack_FriendB - Get Friend of the Wildfangs Trait
Sims 4 High School Years cheats
So new are these that we don't actually have the list yet. As soon as we do, though, we will be sure to add the The Sims 4 High School Years cheat codes right here! And when future DLC packs come to the game, we'll try our best to keep this article updated with all the latest cheats.