The Sims 4 relationship cheats for friendships and romance
All Sims 4 relationship cheats for fast and easy connections
(Image credit: EA)
Sims 4 relationship cheats let you modify relationships and friendships at will, creating or removing romances with a few keystrokes. It gives you a huge amount of control over what is usually drawn out and occasionally unclear system.
In short, these Sims 4 relationship cheats let you skip right past the unpredictable chaos of socialising and just get straight to the results - whether that's a lifelong friendship or a blossoming romance. Like all the previous games, The Sims 4 has a big emphasis on relationships, with complex, interlocking mechanics about introductions, working out likes and dislikes and, ultimately, putting in the effort needed to get the result you're after.
Here, however, we're all about just skipping that and turning everything to 'love' with these relationship cheats. If you want other, or more general Sims 4 cheats, check out that guide because here we're just focusing on the feelings. Letting you skip to the best bits without rolling the dice on whether your sims accidentally insult each other and storm off. So here are the best Sims 4 relationship cheats for you to use.
How to enable cheats in The Sims 4
You'll need to enable cheats before you use any of these relationship hacks, as none of these Sims 4 relationship cheats will work if you don't do that first. So make sure to complete this step first. Here's how to do it across every platform.
- The Sims 4 PC cheats: Hold Ctrl and Shift, then press c
- The Sims 4 Mac cheats: Hold Command and Shift, then press c
- The Sims 4 PS4 and PS5 cheats: Hold down all four shoulder buttons at once
- The Sims 4 Xbox One and Xbox Series X cheats: Hold down all four shoulder buttons at once
After completing one of these prompts, a box will appear in the top right corner where you can now input cheat codes.
The Sims 4 relationship cheats
(Image credit: EA)
Once cheats are enabled, enter any of the following phrases in the box that appears to activate its associated effect. In most cases you can also deactivate the Sims 4 relationship cheats by reentering them. As with all cheats, you might want to make a new save just in case there are any unpredictable effects. No one wants to lose a long running game to a weird glitch.
- relationships.create_friends_for_sim - create a new Sim that is already friends with you
- relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others - introduces your Sim to all of their neighbors
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] X LTR_Friendship_Main - replace X with the value to change the friendship level between the two named Sims, for example: 100 increases friendship, while -100 decreases it
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetPetFirstName] [TargetPetLastName] X LTR_SimtoPet_Friendship_Main Replace X with the value to change the friendship level between a Sim and a pet
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] X LTR_Romance_Main - replace X with the value to change the romance level between the two named Sims, for example: 100 increases romance, while -100 decreases it
There you have it, The Sims 4 relationship cheats to get you on the right romance track or quickly create an arch nemesis. Gone are the days where you have to spend hours cultivating a relationship, now you can just increase or decrease the quality of a relationship by typing in some cheats. If only the real world were that simple...