The Sims 4: Discover University is the eighth expansion pack for The Sims 4.
The pack was teased on October 21, 2019, its trailer and official announcement debuted on October 22, 2019 and was released on November 15, 2019 on PC and December 17, 2019 on consoles.
The pack re-introduces the college experience to the game, along with the return of the Servo life state. Its new world of Britechester is home to two rival campuses: University of Britechester and Foxbury Institute. Additional features include roommates, the law, education and engineering careers, toilet stalls and bicycles. It is a spiritual successor to The Sims 2: University and The Sims 3: University Life, with minor elements from The Sims 2: Open for Business, The Sims 2: Apartment Life, The Sims 3: Ambitions and The Sims 3: Into the Future. It is also the first university-themed pack that allows Sims to attend university off-campus, and allows non-students to visit and live in the campus world.
Explore all the experiences college has to offer. Take classes that set your Sims up for success in engineering, education or law careers. Discover robotics and ping-pong, or make some mischief pulling pranks against the rival school. Study hard, sleep in and high-five the school mascot – just make sure to keep those grades up!
Settle into School. Begin a new chapter for your Sim at the historical University of Britechester or the modern Foxbury Institute. Live in a dorm room or off-campus, explore Britechester on a bicycle, spend time in the student commons and have a study session at the library. Cheer on the student body at a school spirit event, and wear school colors to show your Sim’s pride.
Stay Classy. Enroll in a University and choose classes that pique your interest: biology, computer science, art history or even villainy. Attend a lecture or work on term papers and presentations – the more your Sim learns, the more successful they’ll be. Going to classes or blowing them off will affect your Sim’s grades, so time management is a must.
Meet, Mingle and Explore. How your Sim embraces college life is up to you. Study all night to finish homework or chill out and sleep in. With activities like juice pong, juggling a soccer ball and hanging out with roommates, taking a break has never been so fun! Join school organizations like robotics, debate, art or even a mysterious secret society. As the year progresses, Sims become their best selves and discover who they’re meant to be.
Express Your Campus Style. Make your Sim’s space cozy with dorm room décor that reflects their personality. Develop their style in any way you choose – whether wearing late-for-class sweatpants or their best-self outfits, there’s always a way to show school spirit or impress a classmate.
World and neighborhoods
Main article: Britechester
This pack introduces a new world called Britechester with two universities: University of Britechester and Foxbury Institute, And an off-campus neighborhood named Gibbs Hill.
Main article: Degree
Discover University introduces thirteen degrees that are available at any university. Sims can take four classes per semester towards any normal degree, and each degree is associated with a few skills. Every full-time career benefits from at least one associated degree. There are also Distinguish degrees that will offer a higher career level than a normal degree, however it requires more proficiency in skills and education than a normal degree to qualify.
- Bathroom stalls
- Cafeteria station
- Communal shower
- Juice keg
- Personal storage chest
- Ping-pong table
- Soccer ball
- Electromagnetic Research Archive Machine
New Lot Assignments
- Foxbury Commons
- UBrite Commons
- University Housing
New Lot Traits
- Study Spot
- University Student Hang Out
- Academic (Knowledge) - This Sim wants to attend university and get a job, but most importantly – learn!
- Freshman - Achieve Level 3 Research & Debate Skill · Enroll in a University
- Bright-Eyed Student - Achieve Level 5 Research & Debate Skill · Attend Guest Lectures · Finish a Course with an A Grade
- Avid Academic - Have a Term GPA of B or Higher · Tutor Students · Achieve Level 6 Research & Debate Skill
- Senior Scholar - Earn a Degree · Contribute Knowledge on a Research Archive Machine · Achieve Level 7 Research & Debate Skill · Get a Job Using a Degree
- Reward trait: Higher Education - This Sim has proven they have what it takes to excel at University. Along the way, they learned a lot, allowing them to gain more skill using the Electromagnetic Research Archive Machine and earn more money from Publishing Research Papers and Contributing Knowledge.
- Research & Debate
- E-Sports Competitor (afterschool activity)
- Soccer Team Player (afterschool activity)
New Life State
New Types of Death
- Catastrophic Meltdown (Servos only)
- Overexertion (By transferring too much knowledge into the Electromagnetic Research Archive Machine in a short time period)
Other New Features
- Facial piercings
- Minimalistic tattoos
- Secret society
- Shower WooHoo
- Skill classes
- Student loans
- Student organizations
This section is in need of additional information. You can help The Sims Wiki by expanding this section.
- This is the fifth expansion pack for The Sims 4 to include a non-temporary playable life state: servos.
- Discover University is the first content-pack for The Sims 4 to require 64-bit (PC) and Metal (Mac) systems as part of its minimum system requirements to run. This was originally planned for The Sims 4: Island Living expansion but was pushed back in order to allow more time for players to upgrade their computers.
- Unlike The Sims 2: University, Sims may interrupt their program between terms, but will lose any scholarships they may have.
- This is the first university themed expansion pack that allows sims to attend university while living in their own home.
- Discover University is the last The Sims pack of the 2010s decade.