How to Use Mods in Sims 4 Cheats
The Sims is often a lot a lot of gamers’ first experience with modding. It can be a little daunting at first, but there are some easy ways to get set up. As with anything involving installing third-party files on your PC, only do so from trusted sources. We recommend modthesims.com, as mods are curated and checked regularly by the community. Here’s how to download and use mods in The Sims 4:
- Head into your system files and find the “Electronic Arts” folder
- Inside this folder you’ll see a folder labelled “Mods”
- This is where you will be dropping the Mod files you download
- You can download files from a mod site, like modthesims.info
- You’ll receive a Zip file, which should be placed, in its extracted form, into the “Mods” folder
- Now start the game
- You will be met with a Mods startup screen, where you can activate all of the mods you have downloaded
There are some key things to bear in mind when modding your game, which we've listed below:
- The most common kinds of mods you'll come across are script mods, they are mods that add scripts to the game, and are added by dumping their zip and package files into your mod folder.
- Be aware that mods often conflict with each other. When downloading one, look for any info on the source site that indicates other mods that it will not work with. Mods can seriously break your game, so a good tactic is to make a note of every mod you download, makes it easier to workout why things have gone wrong.
- Keep an eye out for new patch versions of your favorite mods, you can then update them.
- Always, ALWAYS, backup your saves before installing a new mod